UGANDA – French multinational oil marketing company Rubis Energie, plans to invest up to US$25 million in rebranding of newly acquired Kenol Kobil and delta fuel stations in Uganda over a three to four years period based on demand for their products.
Jean-Christian Bergeron, the Group Managing Director of RUBiS Energy East Africa said they will continue to invest heavily in the market through modernization of our existing retail outlets into state-of-the-art service stations as well as constructing new ones.
He said the cost of rebranding an outlet ranges between US$80,000 and US$ 100,000 depending on the size and the services to be provided.
“We are also launching an unparalleled shopping experience through its convenience store brand, RUBiS Express, by providing world-class convenience to motorists on the go, saving them time and money, he said.
“We also provide a fuel card system that gives motorists total control of their fuel-related expenses through our RUBiS Card, offering convenience and efficiency when making payments at our retail outlets,” he added.
“We are also significantly investing in the development and promotion of LPG, which is a clean and affordable energy source that will support the government’s ambition for an improved quality of life for all Ugandans.”
“We are also significantly investing in the development and promotion of LPG, which is a clean and affordable energy source that will support the government’s ambition for an improved quality of life for all Ugandans”Jean-Christian Bergeron – Group Managing Director, RUBiS Energy East Africa
The market share of these four companies totalled to 42.31% and the rest of the 56 companies accounted for the remaining 57.69%.
Rubis Energies, listed on the Paris Stock Exchange with a market capitalization of US$66.6 billion AS December 2019.