TotalEnergies Tanzania launches its first solarized service station in Dar-es-Salaam

TANZANIA – TotalEnergies Marketing Tanzania has launched its first solarized service station in Dar-es-Salaam to give users an opportunity to enjoy products and services powered by solar energy. The solar powered station along Samora Avenue in the Dar es Salaam city centre is part of wider plans by TotalEnergies to solarise some 5,000 service stations in 57 countries by installing…

Read More

Multinational technology company Amazon commissions its first solar project in South Africa

SOUTH AFRICA – Amazon, an American multinational technology and e-commerce company, has commissioned its first solar project in South Africa. Located in the Northern Cape province of South Africa, the 10MW solar project officially came online on February 22. With a potential production capacity of 28,000 MWh annually, the solar project will supply Amazon’s Web Service data centers with clean…

Read More

Norwegian Magnora acquires majority stake in renewable company African Green Ventures

SOUTH AFRICA – Norwegian developer Magnora has acquired 92% of the renewable project development company African Green Ventures (AGV) as it increases its focus in the South African solar and wind market. The remaining 8% will be owned by AGV management. Simultaneously, Magnora is selling all its shares in Vindr AS to its founders and discontinues the development of Vindr…

Read More